Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Colonel's Cake






As in the Colonel of SOC (fellow military will know, all others... a big boss), as in the Colonel whom I don't really talk to besides "Yes, Ma'am", as in a few hundred people attending this ceremony?! It was a tall order. I worked on that cake for days and days and days. I found out all I could about all her hobbies...running, biking, racket ball, golfing. Anything I found out was special to her, I put on that cake! I wanted to make sure it was memorable for her. I tried to capture her personality in sugar form! Come presentation time, all the hard work paid off. Everyone loved it. After all, it was so much better than a sheet cake from Wal-Mart that served 200 people with the barely legible words "Farewell" in red ,white and blue piped on it. It was an honor and I was pretty darn flattered to have been asked to rise to such an occasion.

No comments: